Manager of Design · 2007 - Present
Belwith Products, LLC - www.belwith.com - Belwith Products is an international designer and marketer of hardware for cabinet, door, security, and builders to the retail, showroom, co-op, and OEM channels in the United States, Australia, Asia and Canada. Products are featured in Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's and high end specialty stores.
· Participate in corporate planning and project scoping along with the CEO, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, and other stakeholders to ensure projects stay in line with resources and company goals. Interprets the project vision into actionable tasks.
· Lead a talented staff of designers, engineers, modelers, pattern makers, and foundry workers to take the design from inception to production.
· Coordinate and participate in the design and development of new decorative hardware for all areas of the home in styles ranging from traditional to contemporary and across a variety of price points.
· Provide creative direction to senior level graphic designers and photographers to produce corporate collateral needs including: catalogues, tradeshow signage, labels, style sheets, postcards, product packaging and more.
· Represent the company internationally for trend and manufacturing processes research.
· Deliver educational presentations about trends and hardware functionality including new technology to designers, customers, and professional organizations such as the NKBA.
Senior Designer · July 2006 - 2007
Belwith Products, LLC - www.belwith.com
· Translate research of style trends, market, and company offerings into saleable products.
· Communicate designs for internal product development reviews through sketching, computer models, and renderings.
· Work with other in-house design departments and freelance firms to conceptualize and design custom furniture hardware for OEM customers, based on their new collections.
· Ensure the production sample maintains the integrity of the original design and meets consumer expectations.
· Assist in the creation of marketing materials for Belwith using creative writing, design skills, and marketing savvy.
Furniture Design Modeler · April 2006 - July 2006
VanerumStelter - www.vanerumstelter.com - VanerumStelter is a leading Midwest sales and marketing company specializing in furnishings for educational, professional, and retail settings nationwide.
· Created 3D furniture models of classroom and built-in furniture.
· Utilized VectorWorks and creative thinking to produce high quality computer models for in-house space planning and rendering.
· Edited product photography to showcase furniture pieces in marketing collateral.
Founder & Creative Director · 2006
Teal Tree Art Studio
· Founded an artistic, community-based venue which served as a performance space, studio and mixed media gallery for events.
· Coordinated branding and promotional efforts including the development of a logo, website and other marketing materials to promote events.
Freelance Designer · 2005 - 2006
Lighting Enterprises - www.lightingenterprises.net - Nationally distributed high-end, branded lighting products, sold through Art Van Furniture and independent showrooms.
· Developed table and floor lamp designs within established manufacturing processes for nationally distributed brands.
· Created hand sketches, 2D and 3D computer drawings and models including iterations based on client feedback and revisions.
Paula Scott (formerly of Kindel Furniture)
· Created paper detailed drawings of traditional style furniture.
· Coordinated the development of multiple pieces of furniture with another freelance designer to maintain a cohesive appearance.
· Deliverables included full-size, hand-drafted construction details.
· Created promotional materials for two local musicians and coordinated marketing efforts, finances and performance dates.
· Designed flyers, album covers, letterhead, t-shirts.
Kendall College of Art and Design · Graduated 2006
BFA Furniture Design
Minor Industrial Design
· Recipient of the Studio Excellence Award, given to the top graduate in each major.
· Foundational courses in historical styles and motifs.
· Coursework centered on developing furniture for: living, dining, bedroom, and occasional areas.
· Senior thesis focused on sustainability research and U.S. manufacturing.
· Received the Celia Moh Scholarship, full tuition and expenses. This was awarded based on recommendations, an essay, and academic achievements.
· Won the David Kline Memorial Scholarship with the "Grace" console design.
Solidworks Training · 2009
FisherUnitech, Grand Rapids
· Solid Modeling, Surface Modeling, Advanced Part Modeling, Drawing
· Fluent in creative problem solving, hand sketching/ideation, full size drafting/detailing, hand/computer rendering, traditional to modern product styling, and brand standard creation/implementation.
· Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials: turning, casting, injection/blow molding, joinery, veneer, stamping, upholstery.
· Skilled at effective communication, project management and creative direction. Organized and adept at task management.
· Experienced with: SolidWorks, CorelDraw, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AutoCAD, Rhino, 3DS Max, Vectorworks, Microsoft Office Suite